Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I retrieve my personal macro workbook?

I have lost my personal macro workbook. When I try to save a new macro to it,
and error is created " Personal macro workbook in the startup directory must
stay open" "Unable to record"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

xl2002+ have the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
Items...".

Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
too.

If the workbook is really bad, you'll want to put your backup copy in XLStart.

--

Dave Peterson