Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checking Before Updating Template

I have 2 files:
PickList.xls
Compare.xlt

I am downloading a file containing serial numbers from the mainframe into
Picklist.xls. The Picklist.xls is linked to Compare.xlt which contains some
programming. When I open compare.xlt to update column A,which is the column
where pickist data is linked,I receive an end of file character that takes me
out of the template.Before the data is copied and pasted into compare.xlt I
would to ensure that the end of file character is emoved from the
Picklist.xls file.

I thought about creating another button on the template files and adding
code to loop through column A to however many rows needed. I can't make a
judgement on this because the incoming file will vary.

Is it possible to do this? Then after removing all the nonumerica characters
from Picklist.xls before it it updates column A in the template...Compare.xlt
template ,is there away to do prompt the user for a file saveas so that the
template will remain in tact.