Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Updating source data while in Pivot Table

Hi,
With a centralized shared file, several users would use several pivot
tables to assess their plans, would dream of updating their source data
right from the pivot table ...
Has someone already faced (and fixed) this issue ?
Thanks a lot
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pivottables are summaries of data.

If you changed a data item within the pivottable, how would you guess which one
of the (maybe) several detail rows that should get adjusted?

If you were summing some numeric entry, and changed the value from 100 to 110,
would you just add 10 to any detail row--or would you subtract 20 from one and
add 30 to another???

I don't think this is "fixable".

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

I understand what you are saying, and I totally agree with you.
I am only referring to raw data (titles, labels, etc...)not to
"processed" fields ...
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Just did a "Cells-Find" type of routine which sends user exactly back
to the original data.
Thanks again for your help
Carim