Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need help with a If=then situation.

I have a little Excel file to use transcribing some old paper data

The field is a 4 digit number representing a 24 hour moment
0522 would be 5:22 am.
all I want to enter is they 4 digit number

Many entries would be the same, as the entries all happened in the same
minute
so what I'd like to do, is...
If I leave the field blank, it would fill itself with the time put into the
field above it.
All the fields in the column are 4 digit
I tried to do a =if B4=0, " " then B5=B6

I'm missing something as I haven't done that much with Excel yet.

Please and thank you.

2400 Baud makes you want to get out and push!!

Bill H. in Chicagoland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bill,

The easiest is a formula :
=VALUE(LEFT(H6,2)&":"&RIGHT(H6,2))
and then format the cell with time ...

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure I follow your If-Then statement but this may help. This macro
uses the Worksheet_change event (right click the sheet tab, select View Code
and paste macro to the code sheet displayed).

If you enter a value in column B any blank cells immediately above the cell
just changed will be populated with the value of the last used cell in column
B.