Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Franz Franz is offline

Default need help with a If=then situation.

"FireBrick" ha scritto nel messaggio

I have a little Excel file to use transcribing some old paper data

The field is a 4 digit number representing a 24 hour moment
0522 would be 5:22 am.
all I want to enter is they 4 digit number

Many entries would be the same, as the entries all happened in the
same minute
so what I'd like to do, is...
If I leave the field blank, it would fill itself with the time put
into the field above it.
All the fields in the column are 4 digit

I think this should work:
1) menu Edit = Go to = Special... select the option Blank cells and then
OK
2) digit = and then with the up arrow select the cell above the first blank
cell;
3) press ctrl+enter;
4) select the column with you filled in this way and then select Edit =
copy and after Edit = copy/paste Special Values.

--
Hoping to be helpful...

Regards

Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)