Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to import a matrix of size 2057x2057

I cannot import a text file that has 2507 rows and 2507 columns. It gave me a
warning saying that the maximum size of matrix columns can be only 256. Is
there a way to get around this?

--
Kiran
Programmer Analyst

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There really is no great way around this. You are dealing with 2507 * 2507 =
6,285,049 records which is getting outside the realm of Excel. Even if you
could get it imported, Excel would have some difficulty manipulating that
much data...

HTH

"Kiran" wrote:

I cannot import a text file that has 2507 rows and 2507 columns. It gave me a
warning saying that the maximum size of matrix columns can be only 256. Is
there a way to get around this?

--
Kiran
Programmer Analyst

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" ha scritto nel messaggio

Access only supports 256 columns as I understand it.

I was quite sure that Access had only limits in the dimension of file, but
yes now I discovered also this one... :(

--
Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Kiran" ha scritto nel messaggio

I cannot import a text file that has 2507 rows and 2507 columns. It
gave me a warning saying that the maximum size of matrix columns can
be only 256. Is there a way to get around this?

Maybe you can try this

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272729

--
Hoping to be helpful...