Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL VBA

I've tried but it doesn't work. To be clear I give an example :

Cell A1 = Account number (12 positions), cell A2 = Name (max 26 positions)

I'd like to transfer it to a .doc or .txt as :

line 1 position 4 to 15, account number and line 1 positions 16 to 41, Name
and the next data will come on position 42, whatever is the lenght of the
Name encoded in cell A2.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Vince

"Franz" wrote:

"VINCE" ha scritto nel messaggio

Can you help me programming in VBA ?

I've got a sheet EXCEL with belgian payments (date, date execution,
account, name, address, amount, communication, ...) and I'd like to
transfer it to a .DOC or .TXT file in a special format (fixed format
from Belgian Banks Association). This format is the same for
everybody and have a fixed lenght (first record for the date,date
execution, ...) then one or two records per payment, the laste record
is a check with sum of amounts, number of payments, ... Each record
has a lenght of 128 characters and every information as a maximal
fixed lenght and a special position fixed within the record. Am I
clear ?

I thought to transfer to WORD with bookmarks fixed on a special
position on the line but I don't find how to do that and I'm
wondering if there is not another solution.

You can save your file in CSV format.
This should work...

Hoping to be helpful

Regards

--
Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)