Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Franz Franz is offline

Default EXCEL VBA

"VINCE" ha scritto nel messaggio

I've tried but it doesn't work. To be clear I give an example :

Cell A1 = Account number (12 positions), cell A2 = Name (max 26
positions)

I'd like to transfer it to a .doc or .txt as :

line 1 position 4 to 15, account number and line 1 positions 16 to
41, Name and the next data will come on position 42, whatever is the
lenght of the Name encoded in cell A2.

Maybe you can try to use Data Validation to set the max lenght of each filed
(cell) and then Save As and choose .txt.

I think this should work... :-)

Hoping to be helpful...

Regards

--
Franz

per rispondermi traduci InVento in inglese (no maiuscole)