Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default INSERTING A PICTURE ON WORKSHEET

I have built a worksheet the has a macro list. I want to be able to insert a
picture/clipart into another worksheet ,in the same workbook, depending on
what was selected from the dropdown list. I want this clipart to be selected
automatically based on that selection. Where is the cli art kept, in another
workeheet? I have had responces from others but two were way over my head
and the other was to have the user to select the clipart manually???

Let say that in worksheet 1 that the drop down list selection was farming.
Based on that farming selection worksheet 2 would have, among other things,
the clipart of a barn automatically incerted in a selected spot and selected
size.

You guys have been a big help for me and I want you to lknow I really
appreciate your help.
Glenn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

clip art can be in a file outside Excel, or you can manually insert it on
another sheet and then just copy it to the needed location. In the second
instance, it would be stored within the workbook file. In the first, you
would have to distribute the clip art files with the workbook

If you go to the menu

Tools=Macro=Record a New Macro,
then perform you actions manually, it will record the code you need to use.

When done performing the action, go to Tools=macro=Stop Recording (or hit
the stop recording button on the floating toolbar if it is visible).

Tom Ogilvy

"Glenn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'll have to use VBA to do this. Check out

Looking up and displaying pictures based on cell value
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

In article ,
"Glenn" wrote:

I have built a worksheet the has a macro list. I want to be able to insert a
picture/clipart into another worksheet ,in the same workbook, depending on
what was selected from the dropdown list. I want this clipart to be selected
automatically based on that selection. Where is the cli art kept, in another
workeheet? I have had responces from others but two were way over my head
and the other was to have the user to select the clipart manually???

Let say that in worksheet 1 that the drop down list selection was farming.
Based on that farming selection worksheet 2 would have, among other things,
the clipart of a barn automatically incerted in a selected spot and selected
size.

You guys have been a big help for me and I want you to lknow I really
appreciate your help.
Glenn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A possible non-VBA solution:

I'll assume you want the pictures to show on Sheet1.

1)Paste a picture into a blank sheet in your workbook.
2)Select the range of cells that contains the picture,
3)Set the fill color of the range to White.
4)Name that range of cells:
Example:
InsertNameDefine
Name: Farming

5)Repeat steps 1 thru 4 for each picture (making sure that no picture ranges
overlap)

6)Select Sheet1 and type one of your picture range names in Cell A1.
7)Create a dynamic range name as follows:
InsertNameDefine
Name: ShowMyPic
RefersTo: =INDIRECT(Sheet1!$A$1)

8)Select cells A5:B10.
9)Hold down the [Shift] key and EditCopyPicture
10)Paste the picture somewhere over Cell E10.
11)While the picture is still selected, type this in the formula bar:
=ShowMyPic
then press [Enter]

The range of cells that was previously displayed should now be replaced by
the picture referred to by the name you typed in Cell A1.

Each time you type a different picture range name in Cell A1 the associated
picture will appear in the picture box and resize appropriately.

Also, you could reference a list of those picture range names in a Data
Validation for Cell A1 so you could simply pick them from the list.

Is that something you can work with?

Regards,
Ron