Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I was Asked an Interesting Question

Hi Everyone,

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
moi moi is offline

That will only work if your name is not 'Black'.

"Paul Black" schreef in bericht
Hi Everyone,

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it were just the row numbers, I'd guess that data|filter|autofilter was
applied (and the data was filtered).

But since the column letters were mixed, I don't have a guess.

Paul Black wrote:

Hi Everyone,

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right Click on a blank area of your desktop. Click Properties. Click the
Appearance Tab. In the Item drop down box, select '3D Objects' then select
another colour. Click Apply. The colour you choose is the colour the
row/column captions of Eacel appear in.

My advice: Don't do it.

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

....but changing *your* Windows pallete wouldn't effect what someone else
sees when they open one of your files, would it? It just effects your
machine.

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet....

Unless the friend didn't really "aquire" but was talking about seeing a
spreadsheet on someone else's machine who had done as you suggest...

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure he didn't just have a multicell range selected in the worksheet.

This changes the color of the selected row and column headers in xl2003 at
least.

This could possibly be more dramatic if some accessibility options were in
effect for the operating system.

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the Replies.
I will be Seeing him on Saturday so I will Put Forward your Suggestions.

Thanks Again.
All the Best.
Paul