Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Switch to another application

When one of my Excel macros run, it scans rows and columns of data from
Sheet1 and copy selective data into Sheet2. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes to
finish the process. When it is running, I want to be able to switch to
another application, e.g. Word, or Powerpoint, to do something else, and have
my Excel macro still continue with its execution. However, it seems that the
Excel macro is "suspended" because my Sheet2 cells stop updating, and
updating resumes when I switch from the other application back to Microsoft
Excel. Is there any statement I can insert into my Excel macro so that it
continues to run when I switch to another task ?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's the operating system's (Windows I assume) task to allocate processor
time among the running tasks. I've noticed that Excel macros slow down a
lot in the background although they do still run. In theory you can
increase the priority of a process as follows but I've never tried it so I
can't say whether it would have any benefit.

Start Excel and open the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc). On the Processes
tab right-click on Excel.exe and click Set Priority and pick a setting.

--
Jim