Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Front End for SQL Server

I'm using Excel as a front end for a local copy of SQL Server 2000 on my
WinXP machine.

I'm having no problem using SQL to retrieve records from my SQL Server.
However I cannot delete records in my SQL Server from Excel. I think it's a
permissions issue, but I'm not sure how to alter the permissions or which
permissions to alter.

Thanks,
Wayne C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Wayne,

I'm having no problem using SQL to retrieve records from my SQL Server.
However I cannot delete records in my SQL Server from Excel. I think it's a
permissions issue, but I'm not sure how to alter the permissions or which
permissions to alter.

What error messages do you get when you try?

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Solved my problem. Just needed to change permissions for my account in the
database.

Thanks,
Wayne C.

Hi Wayne,