Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print to MODI but not display viewer?

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

I am using the following code to print an Excel spreadsheet to a TIF FILE by
using MODI. However, each time this runs, it opens the viewer. I don't want
the viewer to load at all.

Could someone please fix my code or post some example code that would keep
the viewer from opening (or close the viewer after it opens)?

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut _
Copies:=1, _
Preview:=False, _
ActivePrinter:="Microsoft Office Document Image Writer on Ne00:", _
PrintToFile:=True, _
Collate:=True, _
PrToFilename:="c:\test1.tif"

Thanks much in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it is a checkbox in the savefile dialog that you need to uncheck.

its registry key is he
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\M ODI\MDI writer
DWORD OpenInMODI=0

HTH
--
keepITcool

quartz wrote :

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

I am using the following code to print an Excel spreadsheet to a TIF
FILE by using MODI. However, each time this runs, it opens the
viewer. I don't want the viewer to load at all.

Could someone please fix my code or post some example code that would
keep the viewer from opening (or close the viewer after it opens)?

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut _
Copies:=1, _
Preview:=False, _
ActivePrinter:="Microsoft Office Document Image Writer on
Ne00:", _ PrintToFile:=True, _
Collate:=True, _
PrToFilename:="c:\test1.tif"

Thanks much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

quartz,
Is this driver just for Office 2003, or is it available for Office2K ?
Could not find anything on MS sites.

NickHK