Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Objects moving when printing

I created a worksheet that has several objects on it, such as spinners
and command buttons. For some reason lately, when the user prints the
worksheet, all the objects shift (get jubbled) from their set
positions.

Not sure what is causing this and how to correct it. We are using
Excel 2002 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2. Any suggestions on how to
correct this?

TIA
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click the control and choose "Format Control." On the
"Properties" tab choose to "Move and size with cells." I think this
solves the print problem. If it is not this option then it is one of
the other 3 that you can choose from.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

See if this article helps

http://support.microsoft.com/d*efault.aspx?kbid=838910
Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

--

HTH

RP

"Squid" wrote in message
oups.com...
I created a worksheet that has several objects on it, such as spinners
and command buttons. For some reason lately, when the user prints the
worksheet, all the objects shift (get jubbled) from their set
positions.

Not sure what is causing this and how to correct it. We are using
Excel 2002 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2. Any suggestions on how to
correct this?

TIA
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How to I obtain the hotfix from
http://support.microsoft.com/d**efault.aspx?kbid=838910 ? There is
not a link to download the hotfix. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's a link on this URL:

How to obtain the hotfix

This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix Hotfix Package
May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the following article number to
view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
829348 Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004

That points to this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829348/
Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004

That describe how to contact MS to get the link. It's not just a simple
download.

Squid wrote:

How to I obtain the hotfix from
http://support.microsoft.com/d**efault.aspx?kbid=838910 ? There is
not a link to download the hotfix. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks
Mike

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's not just a simple download.

I think it is, Dave, because it was included in the 10/12/2004 Security
Update. MSKB 873366 describes how to get it. As I recall the fix isn't
mentioned in the doc, it is there; I read it somewhere and proved to my
satisfaction that it worked. I'd be interested to see if you can confirm
this.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| There's a link on this URL:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910
|
| How to obtain the hotfix
|
| This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix Hotfix
Package
| May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the following article
number to
| view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
| 829348 Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
|
| That points to this KB article:
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829348/
| Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
|
| That describe how to contact MS to get the link. It's not just a simple
| download.
|
| Squid wrote:
|
| How to I obtain the hotfix from
| http://support.microsoft.com/d**efault.aspx?kbid=838910 ? There is
| not a link to download the hotfix. I can't seem to find it anywhere.
|
| Thanks
| Mike
|
| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There have been a few posts (Myrna Larson and Ron de Bruin) that say that the
security update didn't fix it for them.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As I said I've applied the security update and it did the trick. I invite
you to try it and report your experience. The actual chain of documentation
is:

MSKB 873366 (Description of the Excel 2002 security update: October 12,
2004) says that it fixes the issues in the 829348 (Excel 2002 post-SP3
hotfix package of May 6, 2004).

And 829348 lists among its fixes:

838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

I've asked MS to update 838910.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| There have been a few posts (Myrna Larson and Ron de Bruin) that say that
the
| security update didn't fix it for them.
|
| Jim Rech wrote:
|
| It's not just a simple download.
|
| I think it is, Dave, because it was included in the 10/12/2004 Security
| Update. MSKB 873366 describes how to get it. As I recall the fix isn't
| mentioned in the doc, it is there; I read it somewhere and proved to my
| satisfaction that it worked. I'd be interested to see if you can
confirm
| this.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| | There's a link on this URL:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910
| |
| | How to obtain the hotfix
| |
| | This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix
Hotfix
| Package
| | May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the following article
| number to
| | view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
| | 829348 Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
| |
| | That points to this KB article:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829348/
| | Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
| |
| | That describe how to contact MS to get the link. It's not just a
simple
| | download.
| |
| | Squid wrote:
| |
| | How to I obtain the hotfix from
| | http://support.microsoft.com/d**efault.aspx?kbid=838910 ? There is
| | not a link to download the hotfix. I can't seem to find it
anywhere.
| |
| | Thanks
| | Mike
| |
| | --
| |
| | Dave Peterson
|
| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have xl2002 available anymore.

But I trust that it worked for you, but I trust Myrna and Ron, too.

But maybe it'll work for the OP.

Jim Rech wrote:

As I said I've applied the security update and it did the trick. I invite
you to try it and report your experience. The actual chain of documentation
is:

MSKB 873366 (Description of the Excel 2002 security update: October 12,
2004) says that it fixes the issues in the 829348 (Excel 2002 post-SP3
hotfix package of May 6, 2004).

And 829348 lists among its fixes:

838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

I've asked MS to update 838910.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| There have been a few posts (Myrna Larson and Ron de Bruin) that say that
the
| security update didn't fix it for them.
|
| Jim Rech wrote:
|
| It's not just a simple download.
|
| I think it is, Dave, because it was included in the 10/12/2004 Security
| Update. MSKB 873366 describes how to get it. As I recall the fix isn't
| mentioned in the doc, it is there; I read it somewhere and proved to my
| satisfaction that it worked. I'd be interested to see if you can
confirm
| this.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| | There's a link on this URL:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910
| |
| | How to obtain the hotfix
| |
| | This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix
Hotfix
| Package
| | May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the following article
| number to
| | view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
| | 829348 Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
| |
| | That points to this KB article:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829348/
| | Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
| |
| | That describe how to contact MS to get the link. It's not just a
simple
| | download.
| |
| | Squid wrote:
| |
| | How to I obtain the hotfix from
| | http://support.microsoft.com/d**efault.aspx?kbid=838910 ? There is
| | not a link to download the hotfix. I can't seem to find it
anywhere.
| |
| | Thanks
| | Mike