Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting all cells or sheet

Although I'm not familair with the Excel object libarary, I am familiar with
VBA. How can I format the whole sheet to use Text as the cell formatting, as
opposed to General, the default?

Me.Cells.Format...?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks both of you for your help, that did appear to work. As is usually the
case, the situation is a bit more complicated.

Becase the column I am formatting contains a string value of:

12929.00000001 (case number, text, not an 8 decimal place number)

Even formatting it to text still leaves it 12929, at least visually. If you
pretend to edit the cell, then move to another, it then appears as wished,
the full string. I should also mention that this data is coming in from an
ASP.Net web page. I actually tried to add the formatting in the VBScript
code, but only got an error, incidently not the line I add,
i.e.Activesheet.Cells.Numberformat = "@"

The error is: Invalid Procedure Call or argument, and it happens on:
HTMLProjectItems("Sheet1").Text = sHTML. Here is the VBScript code I'm
using. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sub cmdExcel_onclick()
Dim sHTML
sHTML = window.document.forms(0).children(4).outerhtml
Dim oXL, oBook
Set oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set oBook = oXL.Workbooks.Add
oXL.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells.NumberFormat = "@"
oBook.HTMLProject.HTMLProjectItems("Sheet1").Text = sHTML
oBook.HTMLProject.RefreshDocument
oXL.Visible = true
oXL.UserControl = true
End Sub

"Steve Schroeder" wrote in message
Although I'm not familair with the Excel object libarary, I am familiar

with
VBA. How can I format the whole sheet to use Text as the cell formatting,

as
opposed to General, the default?

Me.Cells.Format...?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, well here's what I did, although it isn't a perfect solution:

oXL.Sheets("Sheet1").Columns(1).Cells.NumberFormat = "#####.########"
oXL.Sheets("Sheet1").Columns(1).Cells.HorizontalAl ignment = -4131