Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP! limit of objects on a form.

i must have on a form +/- 1.500 objects but excel craches,i only can put
1.200, it gives me an "out of memory error".

i´m using excel2000 and i´ve tried other versions but the error is the
same,when i want to put more objects excel, craches.i don´t want to have 2
forms,because the values on the form affect directly the other values and
both must be on the same form

thanks for any help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

those limits are a given.
you've got to live with it.

but redesign to bring the number of objects down

iso separate optionbuttons and checkboxes use
(multiselect) listboxes

or use listviews or treeviews to organize your data

or those values that should not be changes by users:
dont put them in objects but in array variables

be creative.. but dont bother the user (and excel)
with 1500 objects.

--
keepITcool

Liedson31 wrote :

i must have on a form +/- 1.500 objects but excel craches,i only can
put 1.200, it gives me an "out of memory error".

i´m using excel2000 and i´ve tried other versions but the error is
the same,when i want to put more objects excel, craches.i don´t want
to have 2 forms,because the values on the form affect directly the
other values and both must be on the same form

thanks for any help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Think you are going to have to use some creativity.

Maybe you can use a grid control or the OWC spreadsheet control to eliminate
a lot of your other controls.

Or maybe you just want to get your input from a spread sheet. I always have
a hard time thinking of any input screen that would required 1500 inputs.

Another approach would be to use a tab strip control with a userform with
let us say 300 controls on it. (5 tabs) that would give you virtually 1500
controls - you would just redefine the role played by the 300 controls based
on which tab is selected.

Tom Ogilvy

"Liedson31" wrote in message
i must have on a form +/- 1.500 objects but excel craches,i only can put
1.200, it gives me an "out of memory error".

i´m using excel2000 and i´ve tried other versions but the error is the
same,when i want to put more objects excel, craches.i don´t want to have 2
forms,because the values on the form affect directly the other values and
both must be on the same form

thanks for any help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Multipage wouldn't reduce the number of controls. It would just put them on
different pages - with 1500 controls, I would suspect multicontrol is
already in use <g.

Tom Ogilvy

"Liedson31" wrote in message
i must have on a form +/- 1.500 objects but excel craches,i only can put
1.200, it gives me an "out of memory error".

i´m using excel2000 and i´ve tried other versions but the error is the
same,when i want to put more objects excel, craches.i don´t want to have

2
forms,because the values on the form affect directly the other values

and
both must be on the same form

thanks for any help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom,
yes, its true i´m already using a multipage!
i´ve tried many things but nothing works,1.200 objects is the limit.one
person tell me that it could be a virtual memory problem...but i don´t think
so...the form really have that limit of objects....after read the suggestions
that all of you give to me,i created a second form with limits that the user
almost don´t recognize that is working on another form....the suggestion of
tab strip.......i don´t know how to programme on it,and the textboxes on my
case must have a descriiption before.....how could i insert so many textboxes
automatically....and its true to ,i really have to work with all of this
objects at the same time..

much thanks again
Miguel

"Liedson31" wrote in message
i must have on a form +/- 1.500 objects but excel craches,i only can put
1.200, it gives me an "out of memory error".

i´m using excel2000 and i´ve tried other versions but the error is the
same,when i want to put more objects excel, craches.i don´t want to have 2
forms,because the values on the form affect directly the other values and
both must be on the same form

thanks for any help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

I heard previously that you could only use around 254 controls on a forms.
You can group controls in frames to avoid the limit.
Regards,
Jean-Yves