Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Menu Programming

Instead of me asking specific questions, could any of you nice people out
there point me in the direction of any articles that cover the generation of
custom menus within Excel via VBA. Of particular interest to me are the use
of sub menus and the disabling/enabling of menu and sub menu options.
I had this all figured out in Excel 97 many moons ago, but some of the stuff
I did then doesn't work in 2000 - or if it does, it's 97-2000 fudge and i'd
rather do it properly!

Thanks in advance

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have articles, but they are primarily for xl97. there have been no basic
procedural changes between xl97 and xl2000. Perhaps you had "lazy" code and
xl2000 is being more demanding in terms of qualifiers and so forth.

for example, I don't think you will find any differences in these articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=158550
XL97: Problems Disabling and Enabling Shortcut Menus
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213561
XL2000: Problems Disabling and Enabling Shortcut Menus

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=162878
XL97: Sample Macros That Customize and Control Shortcut Menus
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213209
XL2000: Sample Macros that Customize and Control Shortcut Menus

http://support.microsoft.com/default...19&Product=xlw
XL97: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus
http://support.microsoft.com/default...50&Product=xlw
XL2000: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

You will find some differences he

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=159466
Q159466 - XL97: List of ID Numbers for Built-In Command Bar Controls

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213552
Q213552 - XL2000: List of ID Numbers for Built-In CommandBar Controls

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Instead of me asking specific questions, could any of you nice people out
there point me in the direction of any articles that cover the generation

of
custom menus within Excel via VBA. Of particular interest to me are the

use
of sub menus and the disabling/enabling of menu and sub menu options.
I had this all figured out in Excel 97 many moons ago, but some of the

stuff
I did then doesn't work in 2000 - or if it does, it's 97-2000 fudge and

i'd
rather do it properly!

Thanks in advance

Pete