Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XL97 Private Sub Workbook_Open() Not Working

Question, why did Private Sub Workbook_Open()
not work?

I have used it many times before and it worked fine.

But on this project it would not work, but if I put in an
Sub Auto_Open () routine it works fine.

---- this does not work in the ThisWorkbook

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "Application Opened ThisWorkbook" ' put in to debug
Display_UnitInfo
End Sub

----- But this does work on Module1

Sub Auto_Open()
Display_UnitInfo
MsgBox "Application Opened ThisWorkbook" ' put in to debug
End Sub

I can live with it, but curious why as to the Workbook_Open()
stopped working in this project.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tushar Mehta wrote in
om:

Did you at some point execute a 'Application.EnableEvents=False'
statement and not reverse the effect? EnableEvents doesn't affect the
Auto_Open routine.

Yes I did but then took it out.

Seems strange. I am redoing this from scratch and importing the sheets and
routines one by one to try and pin point where this is occuring.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote in
:

Is there any rationale behind the fact that the code statements are
reversed?

Nope, just inserted them to see for myself if the code was working.