Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Private Sub Workbook_Open() doesn't run

I've created a macro Private Sub Workbook_Open(), but it doesn't run when I
open the workbook. I have set the security to allow all macros and made the
folder with the workbook a trusted site. The marco runs fine if I execute it
using the Macro's menu or from VB.

I don't get an error message or any indication at all.

I also tried Sub Auto_Open() with no result there either.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be blocking this fuctionality.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You probably don't have it stored in your ThisWorkbook code module...

In article ,

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be blocking this fuctionality.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I knew it was something simple. Thanks!

Steve Starr <Steve wrote:

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be blocking this fuctionality.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi There

I have the same problem. I looked at the answer but it doesn't seem to help me. I created my macros in Excel 2003. One of the macros is in "ThisWorkbook" under 'Microsoft Excel Objects' and it created a ?toolbar? (say MyToolbar) when the workbook was opened under Excel 2003. It contains a list of various macros that I could click on to execute various functions in the workbook. The others are under either in the ?Modules? or ?Forms?. The macros that are under the ?Modules? or ?Forms? seem to run when I click on them in the Visual Basic code form, but the macro in the 'ThisWorkbook" does not, i.e. it doesn't insert my toolbar nor does it open MyToolbar when I open the workbook. Can anyone help me please?

TJ

On Friday, April 13, 2007 11:06 PM Steve Star wrote:

I've created a macro Private Sub Workbook_Open(), but it doesn't run when I
open the workbook. I have set the security to allow all macros and made the
folder with the workbook a trusted site. The marco runs fine if I execute it
using the Macro's menu or from VB.

I don't get an error message or any indication at all.

I also tried Sub Auto_Open() with no result there either.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be blocking this fuctionality.

Thanks!

On Saturday, April 14, 2007 1:11 AM JE McGimpsey wrote:

You probably do not have it stored in your ThisWorkbook code module...

On Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:44 AM SteveStar wrote:

I knew it was something simple. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After serious thinking Thomas Jambrich wrote :
I have the same problem. I looked at the answer but it doesn't seem to help
me. I created my macros in Excel 2003. One of the macros is in
"ThisWorkbook" under 'Microsoft Excel Objects' and it created a ?toolbar?
(say MyToolbar) when the workbook was opened under Excel 2003. It contains
a list of various macros that I could click on to execute various functions
in the workbook. The others are under either in the ?Modules? or ?Forms?.
The macros that are under the ?Modules? or ?Forms? seem to run when I click
on them in the Visual Basic code form, but the macro in the 'ThisWorkbook"
does not, i.e. it doesn't insert my toolbar nor does it open MyToolbar when I
open the workbook. Can anyone help me please?

Please post your code so we can better help you based on that rather
than guessing all over the place!

One thing I know for sure is that you can't have code in both
Workbook_Open AND Auto_Open(). It has to be one or the other. Also,
Auto_Open MUST be placed in a standard module under the Modules section
of a project.

--
Garry