Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Highlighting today's row.

I have a number of spreadsheets where the first column contains the date,
conditionally formatted with =A1=today(), copied throughout the column, i.e.
=A2, A3, etc. The conditional formatting makes the cell red, so I can
instantly find today's row.

However, I would like to extend the red colour to the rest of the same row
on the sheet. How can I do this using either the condional formatting menu,
or with a VBA macro?

Roger PB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roger PB shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I have a number of spreadsheets where the first column contains the
date, conditionally formatted with =A1=today(), copied throughout the
column, i.e. =A2, A3, etc. The conditional formatting makes the cell
red, so I can instantly find today's row.

However, I would like to extend the red colour to the rest of the
same row on the sheet. How can I do this using either the condional
formatting menu, or with a VBA macro?

Roger PB

Does it not work with that formula? Perhaps you'll have to change it to
=$A1=today()

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the whole row and amend the formula from

=A1=TODAY()

=$A1 = TODAY()

--

HTH

RP

"Roger PB" wrote in message
I have a number of spreadsheets where the first column contains the date,
conditionally formatted with =A1=today(), copied throughout the column,

i.e.
=A2, A3, etc. The conditional formatting makes the cell red, so I can
instantly find today's row.

However, I would like to extend the red colour to the rest of the same row
on the sheet. How can I do this using either the condional formatting

menu,
or with a VBA macro?

Roger PB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks.

This worked fine, but I am not sure how to extend it for succeeding dates. I
dragged on the corner of the conditionally formatted cell,
but next day, only it, and not the entire row, was highlighted. So how or
where do I drag to get the whole row highlighted every day.?

today's date aditya New Users to Excel 4 June 2nd 09 02:46 PM
Today's date sixwest Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 23rd 06 02:40 PM
Highlighting blanks via GO TO SPECIAL is not highlighting blank cells - HELP, I'm totally stuck. Jamie Furlong Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 August 28th 05 09:27 PM
today's date CK Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 18th 05 07:19 PM
Today's Date Jake Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 December 17th 04 09:57 PM