Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
klt klt is offline

Default Request for Excel Formula

Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49, A57, A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:

1. Type 1/2/2007 in A1
2. Select cells A1 to C1
3. Drag the fill handle to I1
4. The result should be:
A1=1/2/2007
D1=1/3/2007
G1=1/4/2007

Hope that helps!

Greetings from México!

"klt" wrote:

Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49, A57, A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
This increments the cells by one day. First Column is A and Second column
has the formulas used in Column A. Hope this does what you want. Changing the
first date changes all below it.

11/4/2005 11/4/2005
11/5/2005 =+A5+1
11/6/2005 =+A15+1
11/7/2005 =+A25+1
11/8/2005 =+A32+1
11/9/2005 =+A40+1
11/10/2005 =+A49+1
11/11/2005 =+A57+1
11/12/2005 =+A68+1
11/25/2005 =+A79+13

Thanks,

"klt" wrote:

Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49, A57, A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
klt klt is offline

Hi Bob,

A5 is the first date. If you can imagine a time sheet, in Row A is days of
week and under each day of the week or several spaces before next day of
week. Underneath day of week Monday in Row A is the date. These dates are
the ones I would like to update. It is a 2 week time sheet.

klt

"klt" wrote in message
Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49, A57,

A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the

dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can

update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
klt klt is offline

Hi Mexage,

I can't go outside of Column A, because I have other formulas in worksheet.
Any other ideas?

klt

"Mexage" wrote:

Try this:

1. Type 1/2/2007 in A1
2. Select cells A1 to C1
3. Drag the fill handle to I1
4. The result should be:
A1=1/2/2007
D1=1/3/2007
G1=1/4/2007

Hope that helps!

Greetings from México!

"klt" wrote:

Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49, A57, A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

klt ,

Not sure I still fully understand, but I will have a stab and perhaps my
mis-understanding will enlighten us <g

In all of the cells that you want the date, except A5, put this formula

=MAX($A$1:OFFSET(A15,-1,0))+1

In A5, put the start date.

If you don't want Saturday and Sunday dates, use

=MAX($A$1:OFFSET(A32,-1,0))+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(MAX($A$1:OFFSET(A32,-1,0))),1,1,1
,1,1,3,2)

--

HTH

RP

"klt" wrote in message
Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49,

A57,
A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the

dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can

update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am

not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
klt klt is offline

David,

One more question. Do you know how to show dates like April 11-23 at top of
column? Would it be something like Dates: =A5:A90?

klt

"klt" wrote:

Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49, A57, A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Again,
You can contantinate two cells together = A5 & " " & A90, this will put the
value in what ever cell enter the formula. Might do it and take a look at it
and see if this is what you want.
Thanks,