Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking cells by cell text.......................TIA

Hi,

On sheet one, I have a large table with unique 4 digit hexidecimal values in
each cell.

On sheet two, I have uniquely colored columns of cells of hexidecimal values.
The same values picked from

What I want to happen is to have get the cells automatically assign themselves a
color from the color group they are assigned to from sheet two. So, if I type
04AC in the red column in sheet 2. The corresponding 04AC cell in sheet one
would turn red.

Thanx all for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could put the code in the Worksheet_Change event of the sheet you are
using to enter the numbers. The code assumes the entire format - not just
cell color - will be the same but could be modified if that is not OK. To
modify it you would need to read Target's Interior.Color and then set the
FoundRange Interior to the same color.

Dim InputRange As Range, MatchRange As Range, FoundRange As Range
Set InputRange = Range("A:D") ' the color-coded columns on sheet2
Set MatchRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C4") ' The table of codes on
sheet 1

' First, see if the cell changed is in one of the columns (don't want to run
the find for any other cell entries, would waste time)
If Not (Intersect(Target, InputRange) Is Nothing) Then
' Now, look for the value on sheet1
Set FoundRange = MatchRange.Find(Target.Value)
If Not FoundRange Is Nothing Then ' If found...
Target.Copy
FoundRange.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
Application.CutCopyMode = False