Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Digital Certification verification

I am trying to verify a digital signature that I created with selfcert.exe so
that when I open my excel workbook the macros are automatically enabled. I
know that I need to add this signature as a trusted source, but do not know
how to create the signature in a trusted store. When I create a digital
signature using selfcert I don't even know what is actually created, except
that it is not a file or a registry key. I have a feeling that there is a
very simple answer to this and any help would be appreciated.

i am running Win2000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Adam1 Chicago" wrote in message
I am trying to verify a digital signature that I created with selfcert.exe

so
that when I open my excel workbook the macros are automatically enabled.

know that I need to add this signature as a trusted source, but do not

know
how to create the signature in a trusted store. When I create a digital
signature using selfcert I don't even know what is actually created,

except
that it is not a file or a registry key. I have a feeling that there is a
very simple answer to this and any help would be appreciated.

i am running Win2000

Maybe this article will help.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288985

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, we had already reviewed the
article you recommended and perhaps since it is for XP, it's instructions did
not match our Win 2000 and we needed more direction. Any further help is
appreciated.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Adam1 Chicago" wrote in message
I am trying to verify a digital signature that I created with selfcert.exe

so
that when I open my excel workbook the macros are automatically enabled.

know that I need to add this signature as a trusted source, but do not

know
how to create the signature in a trusted store. When I create a digital
signature using selfcert I don't even know what is actually created,

except
that it is not a file or a registry key. I have a feeling that there is a
very simple answer to this and any help would be appreciated.

i am running Win2000

Maybe this article will help.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288985

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With DC created using selfcert, open a workbook with macros.

ALT + F11 to go to VB Editor.

Select your workbook/project and ToolsDigital CertificatesChoose.

You should see the DC there.

Select it and save/close the workbook.

Re-open and follow your nose through the messages about "trust from this
author" or whatever.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP