Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Back color of dynamically-created buttons

Hi,
I have created a number of buttons using code which works very
successfully. The code I've used is as follows:

'In progress
With ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(Left:=l, Top:=t + 20, Width:=60,
Height:=16)
.OnAction = "Pro_Hilite"
.Characters.Text = "In Progress"
.Name = "cmdProg"
End With

(In progress is the name of one of my buttons.)

If I add in the statement .BackColor = RGB(0, 255, 0),or .BackColor =
vbRed to this code, then I get an error message saying the object
doesn't support this property or method.

My question is: can I change the back color of a button created this
way and if so how could I do it?

Many thanks in anticiaption.

Simon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Simon,

You can't change the Backcolor of Buttons from the Forms menu, manually or
programmatically.

You can change Backcolor of Buttons from the Control's toolbox (view code
and properties - F4), but you can run into other problems when adding these
and their code at runtime.

Regards,
Peter T

"simon" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I have created a number of buttons using code which works very
successfully. The code I've used is as follows:

'In progress
With ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(Left:=l, Top:=t + 20, Width:=60,
Height:=16)
.OnAction = "Pro_Hilite"
.Characters.Text = "In Progress"
.Name = "cmdProg"
End With

(In progress is the name of one of my buttons.)

If I add in the statement .BackColor = RGB(0, 255, 0),or .BackColor =
vbRed to this code, then I get an error message saying the object
doesn't support this property or method.

My question is: can I change the back color of a button created this
way and if so how could I do it?

Many thanks in anticiaption.

Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Forgot to suggest - to simulate a coloured button look at AutoShapes Basic
Shapes and the one that looks like a double rectangle. Format line to "No
Line" and colour as required. Add text and assign macro. Record a macro for
ideas on how to code.

Regards,
Peter T