Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
simon simon is offline

Default Back color of dynamically-created buttons

Hi,
I have created a number of buttons using code which works very
successfully. The code I've used is as follows:

'In progress
With ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(Left:=l, Top:=t + 20, Width:=60,
Height:=16)
.OnAction = "Pro_Hilite"
.Characters.Text = "In Progress"
.Name = "cmdProg"
End With

(In progress is the name of one of my buttons.)

If I add in the statement .BackColor = RGB(0, 255, 0),or .BackColor =
vbRed to this code, then I get an error message saying the object
doesn't support this property or method.

My question is: can I change the back color of a button created this
way and if so how could I do it?

Many thanks in anticiaption.

Simon