Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sheet NameTab Protection

Hi All
Can anyone advise how to protect the sheet name tab?
I have protected the sheet but the Tab can still be
edited. I want to stop users from changing names as these
are used in VBA for navigation.

Cheers
Nigel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel

you cant unless you protect the workbook's structure

however!....
have you considered using the sheets CODEnames for navigation?
these are independent of the name that's visible to (and changeable by)
the user.

--
keepITcool

Nigel wrote :

Hi All
Can anyone advise how to protect the sheet name tab?
I have protected the sheet but the Tab can still be
edited. I want to stop users from changing names as these
are used in VBA for navigation.

Cheers
Nigel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi All
Can anyone advise how to protect the sheet name tab?
I have protected the sheet but the Tab can still be
edited. I want to stop users from changing names as these
are used in VBA for navigation.

Cheers
Nigel

You have to protect the workbook to achieve this.

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi keepITcool,

What a great tip. I never knew that (there a lots of them!). I also like
the fact having set the code name at design time, I can refer directly to
the sheet without the Sheets(index) or Worksheets(index) approach. Users
can change the tab and hence name as much as the like!

--
Cheers
Nigel

.com...