Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Personal.XLS file doesn't remain with Excel file when emailed

I have put together a simple spreadsheet that contains some visual basic
(ie: pop up calendar). It all works fine at home (where I created it).
Sent it to my workplace, tried to open it and got an error message telling
me that Personal.xls couldn't be found. I can close out of that error window
and the spreadsheet loads, but needless to say my popup calendar will not
function properly. When I actually look in the VB Editor the whole
Personal.xls file is missing.

What is it I have to do so that this stays attached to my excel file when I
email it?

Thanks in advance for any input..
Dianne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dianne,
Personal.xls is machine specific. It sounds to me as if you have placed
at least a reference if not the entire code in your personal.xls file
at home, and that your machine at work does not have a personal.xls
(otherwise I think it would tell you that the macro cannot be found).
Try copying all the code to the workbook you are sending.

Hth,
OJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Personal.xls is simply another workbook. Its a defualt that excel will create
for you code. you don't have to use it. If you do, then you'll probably see
that its also saved in the XLStart folder.
You can quite easily email the file to yoursefl & save it on your work
computer, or just creat ea new workbook and save it as an xla or an xls.

If you save it as an xla then you can manage it through th etools/addins
manager.
If you save it as an xls...then save it wherever you want to. But if you
want it to open when excel does, either save it in the XLStart menu or the
alternative path hat you can specify through Tools/options & General tab