Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I remove the Excel COM addin from the Excel program?

I have developed a COM addin for EXCEL. I have initially set my commandBar
to be "My Custom Button". After I have modified the text for the button,
the button still did not get updated, I got another blank button. I tried
to removed the COM addin using my setup. But the "My Custom Button" still
there along with my blank button. Has anybody seen this behavior before?
Can you suggest me something to fix this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ken Kee via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I have developed a COM addin for EXCEL. I have initially set my commandBar
to be "My Custom Button". After I have modified the text for the button,
the button still did not get updated, I got another blank button. I tried
to removed the COM addin using my setup. But the "My Custom Button" still
there along with my blank button. Has anybody seen this behavior before?
Can you suggest me something to fix this? Thanks.

I think the button goes into Excel's xlb file. Once you fnd it, you can
throw it away. Excel will create a new file. This will restore all
customizations that you have done. The link below tells you where to look
for the xlb file.

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply. You have been a great help. What about removing addin
from Word? I do not see anything similar to Excel. Please reply, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ken Kee via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. You have been a great help. What about removing

addin
from Word? I do not see anything similar to Excel. Please reply, thanks.

Follow the procedure below.You have to do the same if you need to remove a
COM add-in from Excel

1. On the Tools menu, click Customize.
2. On the Commands tab in the Customize dialog box, click to select Tools.
3. In the Commands list, click to select the COM Add-Ins command, and then
drag the COM Add-Ins command to a toolbar.
4. In the Customize dialog box, click Close.
5. Click the COM Add-Ins toolbar button that you added in steps 1-4.
6. In the COM Add-Ins dialog box, the add-ins that are available (loaded) in
Microsoft Word are listed.
7. To temporarily turn off a COM add-in, click to clear the COM Add-In check
box, and then click OK. When you restart Microsoft Word, Word will start
without loading the COM add-in.

/Fredrik