Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fredrik Wahlgren Fredrik Wahlgren is offline

Default How can I remove the Excel COM addin from the Excel program?

"Ken Kee via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. You have been a great help. What about removing

addin
from Word? I do not see anything similar to Excel. Please reply, thanks.

Follow the procedure below.You have to do the same if you need to remove a
COM add-in from Excel

1. On the Tools menu, click Customize.
2. On the Commands tab in the Customize dialog box, click to select Tools.
3. In the Commands list, click to select the COM Add-Ins command, and then
drag the COM Add-Ins command to a toolbar.
4. In the Customize dialog box, click Close.
5. Click the COM Add-Ins toolbar button that you added in steps 1-4.
6. In the COM Add-Ins dialog box, the add-ins that are available (loaded) in
Microsoft Word are listed.
7. To temporarily turn off a COM add-in, click to clear the COM Add-In check
box, and then click OK. When you restart Microsoft Word, Word will start
without loading the COM add-in.

/Fredrik