Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run-Time Error 1004

In a spreadsheet with macros which runs perfectly on all computers I
tried it on (about three at work and two at home), I am getting a
Run-time error 1004 when it is opened by colleagues in India.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

does the macro depend on data being entered into a form? In my experience I
created a spell check for a form and when it was blank it gave me a run-time
error...just a thought

" wrote:

In a spreadsheet with macros which runs perfectly on all computers I
tried it on (about three at work and two at home), I am getting a
Run-time error 1004 when it is opened by colleagues in India.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1004 is an object or with variable not defined. What version of Excel are
they running in India. If you are referencing something which exists in your
version but had not yet been created / defined in theirs then you would get
this kind of error. The code will not even compile on their machines. See
what line it bombs out at and post that line if you need more info.

HTH

" wrote:

In a spreadsheet with macros which runs perfectly on all computers I
tried it on (about three at work and two at home), I am getting a
Run-time error 1004 when it is opened by colleagues in India.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim,

Will have to check in work tomorrow what line it bombs on in India and
will post that here then.

Dan