Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Default Userform Image Control and embedded images

Howdy,

I have created a couple of Userforms that contain image controls. Given
that not everyone will have the images in the same path (or at all) I wanted
to include them on a worksheet. I have named the images, but how do I load
them into the Userform(s)? It appears the only way is to navigate to the
location on the harddrive.

TIA,
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See Stephen Bullen's site:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

the paste PastePicture.zip file, about 2/3rds the way down the page.

Tom Ogilvy

"tim" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have created a couple of Userforms that contain image controls. Given
that not everyone will have the images in the same path (or at all) I

wanted
to include them on a worksheet. I have named the images, but how do I

load
them into the Userform(s)? It appears the only way is to navigate to the
location on the harddrive.

TIA,
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Tom,

Thanks for the link, I have reviewed that in the past, in addition to JWalk.
It seemed to me that a good portion of what they were doing was creating the
picture in the first place. I was hoping that since the pictures exist
already, that loading them would be easier. I guess the short answer is to
reference the picture, copy it to clipboard or create temp image and then
load it.

Regards,
Tim

"tim" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have created a couple of Userforms that contain image controls. Given
that not everyone will have the images in the same path (or at all) I

wanted
to include them on a worksheet. I have named the images, but how do I

load
them into the Userform(s)? It appears the only way is to navigate to the
location on the harddrive.

TIA,
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

The following is a little hard to believe, but it works...

When using an Image Control on a user form,
copy your picture - (Ctrl + C)

In the properties window for the Image Control,
paste directly into the "Picture" property - (Ctrl + V)

Set the "Picture Size Property" to Zoom.
Adjust the size of the Image Control.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"tim" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have created a couple of Userforms that contain image controls. Given
that not everyone will have the images in the same path (or at all) I wanted
to include them on a worksheet. I have named the images, but how do I load
them into the Userform(s)? It appears the only way is to navigate to the
location on the harddrive.

TIA,
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Jim,

Hard to believe or not, it appears to do the trick. I did try Copy/Paste
into the image control itself, never would have thought about into the path.
I wonder what the Achilles heel is for this method.

Regards,
Tim

"tim" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have created a couple of Userforms that contain image controls. Given
that not everyone will have the images in the same path (or at all) I wanted
to include them on a worksheet. I have named the images, but how do I load
them into the Userform(s)? It appears the only way is to navigate to the
location on the harddrive.

TIA,
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

" I wonder what the Achilles heel is for this method."

Good question - however, I've sent add-ins, using this method,
to all parts of world without problems.

I didn't invent the technique, I believe it is Jim Rech that the
credit belongs to.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"tim" wrote in message
Howdy,
I have created a couple of Userforms that contain image controls. Given
that not everyone will have the images in the same path (or at all) I wanted
to include them on a worksheet. I have named the images, but how do I load
them into the Userform(s)? It appears the only way is to navigate to the
location on the harddrive.
TIA,
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

This method is also mentioned in JWalk's XL2002 Power Programing w/VBA
(p386), albeit briefly.

Regards,
Tim

Tim,