Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need a message box that displays loading time.

Hey all

I need to design a message box that displays a loading bar, kinda like the
disk cleanup wizard, where it gives you a bar that fills up with boxes as it
finishes.

Secondly I need it based on a specific amount of time like 10 seconds.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a Microsoft ActiveX control, the ProgressBar, that can display a
"timer" or progress display. It has a Max, Min and Value property that you
use to set up the display. But you would need to put this in a loop to keep
updating the display. If you know you want it to run exactly 10 seconds you
could do it like this:

Dim MyTimer as Date, StartTime as Date, CurrentTime as Date

ProgressBar1.Min = 0
ProgressBar1.Max = TimeValue("00:00:10")

StartTime = Now()
CurrentTime = StartTime

While CurrentTime <= StartTime + TimeValue("00:00:10")
ProgressBar1.Value = CurrentTime - StartTime
DoEvents
CurrentTime = Now()
WEnd