Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel userform serious problems

Hi

I have posted a few messages regarding userforms, i have a spreadsheet
built on excel2000, it uses multiple userforms. The program is used by
various people, some have no problems with it although some the program

crashes at various points. when they send it back to me it works fine.

I know some of them are using excel 97 could this cause the problem.
Also when i close the program if i do not save it it comes up with a
error saying visual basic out of memeory. Is there anyone out there
who can help me with this. I am not an advanced programmer so i find
it difficult to sought out a problem when it does not happen on my
machine. I am willing to send anyone the program to have a look at and

give me some pointers as to what i may have done wrong. please please
help.

regards
john

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Certainly the application running on xl97 may cause you problems, but if it
opens OK and runs before it crashes then it is probably not due backward
compatability problems. It almost certainly is a memory problem. I have
similar problems when developing in xl2002 and transferring to some machines
using xl97. Generally I find that removing non-form specific code into
modules has helped (as a by product you end up with a much more manageable
application anyway). Small compact modules also seem to work best.

Do you know the error messages that are given when the application crashes?
It might be worth including some error trapping to log the errors for you to
review.

Otherwise I cannot think of much else to help.

--
Cheers
Nigel

oups.com...