Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default link to Access DB

Excel '02 or higher with Access '02 or higher

From within Excel, Can I link to info in an Access DB and update the Access
data from within Excel?

I see that I can LINK to Excel from within Access, but I'm not seeing the
option to link to Access from within Excel.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Getting data ourt of access is easy. Data - Get External Data - New
database query. Writing data back to access automatically is a whole
different stroy. You need to be familiar with VBA and specifically with ADO
DB recordsets. If you are not comfortable with those things then I am affraid
you are stuck (To the best of my knowledge).

HTH

"MaureenKLM" wrote:

Excel '02 or higher with Access '02 or higher

From within Excel, Can I link to info in an Access DB and update the Access
data from within Excel?

I see that I can LINK to Excel from within Access, but I'm not seeing the
option to link to Access from within Excel.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"MaureenKLM" wrote in message
Excel '02 or higher with Access '02 or higher

From within Excel, Can I link to info in an Access DB and update the

Access
data from within Excel?

I see that I can LINK to Excel from within Access, but I'm not seeing the
option to link to Access from within Excel.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you click F1 in Excel and enter the magic word "database", you should get
a help item that explains how to export data from Excel into Access. At
least if you have Excel 2003. I have the Swedish version but I don't think
the online help is different from what you have.

/Fredrik