Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Way to have VB code to filter on entries that have cell with today's date?

How would one do that, anyone know? If I record the macro manually, I
of course just get a specific date only. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In your recorded macro, change the date to the word Date, that is VBA for
today's date.

--

HTH

RP

"StargateFan" wrote in message
How would one do that, anyone know? If I record the macro manually, I
of course just get a specific date only. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:18:29 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

In your recorded macro, change the date to the word Date, that is VBA for
today's date.

I must have done something wrong.

I tried that this morning and my original recorded macro looks like
this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="2005.05.06.Fri"

I then changed the actual date to the word "Date" so that macro looks
like this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="Date"

I get a filtered result of zero. No records show up even there are 3
with today's date.

I removed the customized date format to Excel's regular one and still
this happened. What did I do wrong, pls?

Tx. :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 6 May 2005 07:56:56 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

don't put it in double quotes

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:=Date

Tom Ogilvy

Woops. Thanks!

.. .
wrote:

In your recorded macro, change the date to the word Date, that is VBA for
today's date.

I must have done something wrong.

I tried that this morning and my original recorded macro looks like
this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="2005.05.06.Fri"

I then changed the actual date to the word "Date" so that macro looks
like this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="Date"

I get a filtered result of zero. No records show up even there are 3
with today's date.

I removed the customized date format to Excel's regular one and still
this happened. What did I do wrong, pls?

Tx. :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 14 May 2005 02:34:35 -0400, StargateFan
wrote:

On Fri, 6 May 2005 07:56:56 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

don't put it in double quotes

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:=Date

Tom, hi. This didn't work and I'm wondering why. The macro looks
like this now:

Sub TestDueTODAY()
' Macro recorded 5/14/2005 by .
'
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:="<"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:=Date
End Sub

Does the difficulty lie with the formatting of the date? Although I
enter with ^+; to get today's date, the cell format is in
ddd.mmm.dd.yyyy so it's easier for the user to read. Does the problem
lie there?

I get values, of course, with the < filter entry. I've tried the
above macro with just each line and the < works fine. The Date one
doesn't. (p.s., the column here is a different one that the trial I
was using before. I have the actual file with me now and that's why
it's a 10 here instead of an 11 like before, but that part's okay).

Tx.

Woops. Thanks!

. ..
wrote:

In your recorded macro, change the date to the word Date, that is VBA for
today's date.

I must have done something wrong.

I tried that this morning and my original recorded macro looks like
this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="2005.05.06.Fri"

I then changed the actual date to the word "Date" so that macro looks
like this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="Date"

I get a filtered result of zero. No records show up even there are 3
with today's date.

I removed the customized date format to Excel's regular one and still
this happened. What did I do wrong, pls?

Tx. :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dates, VBA and autofilter don't always work nice.

But since you know the format of the cell, this might work ok for you:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:=Format(Date, "ddd.mmm.dd.yyyy")

(It worked for me.)

wrote:

On Fri, 6 May 2005 07:56:56 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"

don't put it in double quotes

wrote:

In your recorded macro, change the date to the word Date, that is VBA for
today's date.

I must have done something wrong.

I tried that this morning and my original recorded macro looks like
this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="2005.05.06.Fri"

I then changed the actual date to the word "Date" so that macro looks
like this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="Date"

I get a filtered result of zero. No records show up even there are 3
with today's date.

I removed the customized date format to Excel's regular one and still
this happened. What did I do wrong, pls?

Tx. :oD

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:

On Fri, 6 May 2005 07:56:56 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

don't put it in double quotes

[...]

[snip]

Was wondering if anyone knew why the Date feature wouldn't bring up
entries with today's date. There are entries there, I make sure to
add some in the test file. Tx.