Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Way to have VB code to filter on entries that have cell with today's date?

don't put it in double quotes

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:=Date

Tom Ogilvy

"StargateFan" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:18:29 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

In your recorded macro, change the date to the word Date, that is VBA for
today's date.

I must have done something wrong.

I tried that this morning and my original recorded macro looks like
this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="2005.05.06.Fri"

I then changed the actual date to the word "Date" so that macro looks
like this:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="Date"

I get a filtered result of zero. No records show up even there are 3
with today's date.

I removed the customized date format to Excel's regular one and still
this happened. What did I do wrong, pls?

Tx. :oD