Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Default Rename Modules

I am working on a VBA project adding Modules and UserForms, but I can't seem
to rename either of these. I have seen samples which have different, more
meaningful names. There doesn't seem to be a simple right-click option,
please help. Also, does anyone know how to activate the mouse wheel to scroll
up and down in the code window? Being so used to using it everywhere else it
is frustrating not to be able to use it in this instance.

Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

ian,
open your properties window. (where you edit userform controls information)
and then select a module. There is only one option to edit on a module- The
name
ben

"Ian" wrote:

I am working on a VBA project adding Modules and UserForms, but I can't seem
to rename either of these. I have seen samples which have different, more
meaningful names. There doesn't seem to be a simple right-click option,
please help. Also, does anyone know how to activate the mouse wheel to scroll
up and down in the code window? Being so used to using it everywhere else it
is frustrating not to be able to use it in this instance.

Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ian,

In the VBA editor, press F4 to display the properties menu.
Change the name of the module there.

The latest MS mouse drivers (Intellimouse 5) don't allow mouse
wheel scrolling in the VBA editor. Use an earlier version
(version 4), or download and use FreeWheel
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ian" wrote in message
I am working on a VBA project adding Modules and UserForms, but
I can't seem
to rename either of these. I have seen samples which have
different, more
meaningful names. There doesn't seem to be a simple right-click
option,
please help. Also, does anyone know how to activate the mouse
wheel to scroll
up and down in the code window? Being so used to using it
everywhere else it
is frustrating not to be able to use it in this instance.

Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

Chip,

Much thanks for that link to freewheel, not being able to scroll in VBA was
driving me batty.
ben

"Ian" wrote in message
I am working on a VBA project adding Modules and UserForms, but
I can't seem
to rename either of these. I have seen samples which have
different, more
meaningful names. There doesn't seem to be a simple right-click
option,
please help. Also, does anyone know how to activate the mouse
wheel to scroll
up and down in the code window? Being so used to using it
everywhere else it
is frustrating not to be able to use it in this instance.

Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Thanks to all, problem solved.

"Ian" wrote in message
I am working on a VBA project adding Modules and UserForms, but I can't

seem
to rename either of these. I have seen samples which have different, more
meaningful names. There doesn't seem to be a simple right-click option,
please help. Also, does anyone know how to activate the mouse wheel to

scroll
up and down in the code window? Being so used to using it everywhere else

it
is frustrating not to be able to use it in this instance.

Thanks for your help,

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive? Nelson Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 3rd 10 10:28 AM
Help with modules. Cloudy New Users to Excel 1 June 17th 08 10:10 AM
When to code in sheet or userform modules and when to use modules Tony James Excel Programming 1 December 16th 04 10:02 PM
modules tjh Excel Programming 2 November 22nd 04 04:12 PM
Class Modules vs Modules Jeff Marshall Excel Programming 2 September 28th 03 07:57 PM