Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i set up a web excel worksheet to accept new data?

I am going crazy here! I think it is a fantastic function to change excel
work sheets into html however I do not know why we can not upate the
worksheet via the internet.... What is the purpose if we can not do this. I
think I am missing something.

I have 20 branch offices who I want them to add & update the excel sheet
themselves. At the moment they have a worksheet I have a worksheet and I
manually update it (copy & paste) when they send it to me by email!!! Waste
of time

Can anyone help me know how I set up the excel to allow others to enter data
vai the internet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can save as html so you can display it on a web page. Not so you can
interact with it on a web page.

One way is to use the office web components in xl2002 and later.

Here is some information on what is authorized:

OFFXP: General Information About Licensing and Using Office XP Web
Components

Tom Ogilvy

"going crazy with Excel Web" <going crazy with Excel
wrote in message
I am going crazy here! I think it is a fantastic function to change excel
work sheets into html however I do not know why we can not upate the
worksheet via the internet.... What is the purpose if we can not do this.

think I am missing something.

I have 20 branch offices who I want them to add & update the excel sheet
themselves. At the moment they have a worksheet I have a worksheet and I
manually update it (copy & paste) when they send it to me by email!!!

Waste
of time

Can anyone help me know how I set up the excel to allow others to enter

data
vai the internet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Excel Office components won't help because they don't write changes
back to the master workbook (as far as I can tell).

The only tool that will do this for you out of the box appears to be
BadBlue Excel Enterprise: http://badblue.com/helpxls.htm - it shares
workbooks over the web (end-users only require browsers) and all
updates are made back to the original workbooks. Charts are also
supported.

Check it out and see if it might help.