Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sheet name referencing

I have a system where a user can click on a button to view a chart. I need to
back button on the chart to return to the previous sheet. The user can view
the charts on different sheets so referencing one sheet to return to is not
suitable. The code I have is

Dim wslastsheet As Worksheet
Set wslastsheet = ActiveSheet
Sheets("ChartGSE").Select
wslastsheet.Activate

(This was suggested yesterday in a reply to a previous msg) The problem is
that the chart appears for half a second before returning to the previous
page. The good thing is that is always returns to the previous page, even if
the option to view the graph is made from different sheets. Is there a way of
stopping this quick view of the chart before it close?

Alternativly the chart could appear in a window (it is currently a sheet)
which the user could close.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

Nathan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not tested, but try

Dim wslastsheet As Worksheet

Application.Screenupdating = False
Set wslastsheet = ActiveSheet
Sheets("ChartGSE").Select
wslastsheet.Activate
Application.Screenupdating = True

--

HTH

RP

"NathanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Bob. Unfortunately that did not work but I understand the concept.
The button did nothing when screenupdating was false as it was not showing
the chart sheet on screen.

I welcome any other suggestions

Thanks,

Nathan

Not tested, but try

"NathanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Nathan, can you explain why you are selecting the chart sheet and then
immediately going back?

--

HTH

RP

"NathanG" wrote in message
Thank you Bob. Unfortunately that did not work but I understand the

concept.
The button did nothing when screenupdating was false as it was not showing
the chart sheet on screen.

I welcome any other suggestions

Thanks,

Nathan

Not tested, but try

"NathanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The user has to choose select a supplier for a job. To give an idea of how
well each supplier is doing against a particular job type they can view a
chart. Once they have viewed a chart they can then return to the input
screen. The problem is that there are two or more input screen that the chart
can help make the decision process more efficient. Thats why its important
that the back button on the chart returns to the sheet the user was on.

Thank you

Nathan

"NathanG" wrote in message
Thank you Bob. Unfortunately that did not work but I understand the

concept.
The button did nothing when screenupdating was false as it was not showing
the chart sheet on screen.

I welcome any other suggestions

Thanks,

Nathan

Not tested, but try

"NathanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nathan,

I think I understand now, you want to hold onto the graph for longer?

This code will, keep that sheet active until the user presses the Esc key.

On Error GoTo mod_Esc
Application.EnableCancelKey = xlErrorHandler
Set wslastsheet = ActiveSheet
Sheets("ChartGSE").Select
wslastsheet.Activate
Do Until False: Loop
mod_Esc:

--

HTH

RP

"NathanG" wrote in message
Thank you Bob. Unfortunately that did not work but I understand the

concept.
The button did nothing when screenupdating was false as it was not

showing
the chart sheet on screen.

I welcome any other suggestions

Thanks,