Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dictionary - Add method parameters

I checked many posts about the Scripting.Dictionary and still cannot figure
out what the two parameters are, the key and a description or an item and a
key or what? Then what is an item (or the description) and what can it be
used for?
If I have a description for each key, can I store it alongside the key and
use it later after I found its corresponding key?
My problem is as follows: I have a text file with 114000 lines. On each
line, there is a contract number and a 3 character field (a code) that I must
use to determine the template to use. Can I use the dictionary to solve my
problem or not?
The Add method is generally used in this manner:
Dic.Add CStr(Item), Item
or
Dic.Add sh.Name, CStr(sh.Name)
Could I use
Dic.Add strContract, strCode
If yes, then how do I search and display a specific contract number and its
corresponding code?
If no, should I use a Dictionary and a dynamic array instead?
Thanks

--
Jac Tremblay

Please post this thread a correct full method, method about Nast Runsome New Users to Excel 8 February 25th 08 03:29 PM
Please post this thread a complete correct method, method about te Nast Runsome New Users to Excel 0 February 23rd 08 09:42 PM
dictionary Libby Excel Programming 0 November 15th 04 12:53 PM
Parameters for Find method Martin[_17_] Excel Programming 1 August 6th 04 03:37 AM