Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm_QueryClose questions

Behind my user form I have a UserForm_QueryClose macro. This as I would
like people to confirm when they press the Escape key. I want them to
realize they will be closing the form and not saving any changes to their
input data. If I set the Cancel property on my cancel button to False, then
the escape key is not allowed. If I set it to True, escape works, the
UserForm_QueryClose macro is called, but I can't tell that an escape was
pressed instead of the Cancel button being clicked.

What I observe is when escape is pressed, or the done or cancel buttons are
clicked (all are doing unloads), inside the macro Cancel=0 and CloseMode=1.
If the X in the upper right of the form is clicked, Cancel=0 and
CloseMode=0. Is there any other more useful information that can be
accessed so I can do what I want? I suspect not. (When does Cancel=1?)

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Answers to questions posing more questions in a workbook sbelle1 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 8th 09 01:02 AM
View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
A few questions please help! mjay123 New Users to Excel 4 February 8th 06 08:04 PM
Two Questions mark Excel Programming 2 August 25th 04 05:38 AM
several questions ksnapp[_11_] Excel Programming 8 February 28th 04 07:52 PM