Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create way to change data in list from another page

I am storing my data as a list on a separate worksheet and want to be able to
view and change that data from another worksheet. The Data Form function
would work, but I have too many fields and I want to be able to control the
options entered through data validation. I can show the data as is on a
separate worksheet using vlookup functions as each row has a unique
identifier number as the first entry. Now I want to be able to copy the
changed information and then paste it over the correct row in the data list.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get the offset into your list with

Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
set rng = Your list
' assume unique value is in the first column
res = application.Match(uniquevalue,rng.columns(1),0)
if not iserror(res) then
set rng1 = rng(res)
' rng1 is now the cell in the list with the unique identifier

End if

Tom Ogilvy

"tom at arundel" wrote in message
I am storing my data as a list on a separate worksheet and want to be able

view and change that data from another worksheet. The Data Form function
would work, but I have too many fields and I want to be able to control

the
options entered through data validation. I can show the data as is on a
separate worksheet using vlookup functions as each row has a unique
identifier number as the first entry. Now I want to be able to copy the
changed information and then paste it over the correct row in the data

list.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

typo