Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom views error: How to fix?

Hello:
I have created roughly 15 custom views, by using the macro recorder and
doing some edits. When I test these views from the menu (view, custom,
[view]), i am running into a "Some view settings could not be applied".

It's going to take quite a bit to analyze what is not being shown in each
view. Sometimes it's obvious: a filter value didn't come up appropriately.
Otherwise, I'm not sure what didn't get applied (I have nearly 200 columns.)

In the vba, I've tried adding a few lines to show all (undo the filter and
grouping) first before the specific view's columns and filters are set. With
regard to grouping, I'm either hiding or showing the group details--not
changing the group outline.

How to solve this issue, so that when jumping from one view to another, this
error will go away, and all the view settings will get applied?

Thanks~