Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL.EXE is not killed

Hi,

Within my code I create an instance of the Excel.Application object.
That's the code.

// Create instance of Excel application

this.excelApp = new Excel.ApplicationClass();

This code runs the EXCEL.EXE process (which open the MS Excel framework).

When the framework gets closed (by Exit or by pressing the X button) the
EXCEL.EXE process is not killed. That is, the MS Excel framework is closed
but the process is still running.

I observed that the EXCEL process gets closed only when the application
which runs the code above is closed.

If my application runs the code above many times I will get lots of
EXCEL.EXE processes running EVEN IF ALL of the frameworks are closed.

Do you have any idea how to get the EXCEL.EXE process killed when the
framework is closed?