Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Default Application.SendKeys won't work with Remote Desktop????

I'm simply executing the following and it won't work. DoEvents
I threw in for testing as i saw reference that it may help,
plus the time delay was a suggestion, none of which solves
the fact that NO data (via SendKeys) can be sent to a Terminal Services
or Remote Desktop connection window. Suggestions?
--------------------------------
'switch App focus to the Fundware App
AppActivate "Intuit FundWare"

DoEvents
'wait 10 seconds
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:10"))
DoEvents

'I even tried Application.SendKeys, neither work.
SendKeys "test", True
DoEvents
-------------------------------
Thanks for your help!
-Brendan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

WildIrish cried in panic:
I'm simply executing the following and it won't work. DoEvents
I threw in for testing as i saw reference that it may help,
plus the time delay was a suggestion, none of which solves
the fact that NO data (via SendKeys) can be sent to a Terminal Services
or Remote Desktop connection window. Suggestions?
--------------------------------
'switch App focus to the Fundware App
AppActivate "Intuit FundWare"

DoEvents
'wait 10 seconds
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:10"))
DoEvents

'I even tried Application.SendKeys, neither work.
SendKeys "test", True
DoEvents
-------------------------------
Thanks for your help!

Sorry, not much help here.

SendKeys is the absolute worst way to do anything, and should only be used
if there is absolutely no other way to accomplish the task.

In your scenario, I can only offer two suggestions. 1) do the task locally
(get rid of remote desktop), or 2) find a way to connect to the Intuit
software without using sendkeys. You will not get Remote Desktop to accept
Sendkeys.

There is a third possibility, and that is that you are trying to
inappropriately pry into someone else's finances using a Remote Desktop
connection, in which case I hope you get caught and get exactly what you
deserve.

Austin
--
You programmed with 1s and 0s? We only had 0s!
There are no X characters in my address