Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetObject method from excel to other application from remote server

Can somebody help me about this subject?
What I want to do is from Excel (VBA) calling Matlab application that is
installed on another server.
For example I login on server "A" through Citrix ICA client.
The excel file is located on server "A"
Application Matlab is located on server "B"
How can I connect to server "B" using VBA.

thanks
Sandra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetObject method from excel to other application from remote serve

Sandra,

It is on rare occassion that I am able to use the GetObject command to
connect to an open application. I typically will launch the application and
control it through it's object model in Excel.

http://HelpExcel.com