Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default viewing seperate data in a worksheet

i want to be able to pop-up data that is in a different area of a worksheet
without changing my current position. I don't want to edit data that i'm
trying to see...i just want to be able to "refer" to it from time to time
without changning my position and i want to keep my curent p[osition in the
sheet to edit data in that position while refering to other data for info.
kinda like a pop-up info sheet where tha data comes from another position in
the sheet. Can this be done

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gate,
You can split screen and use scroll lock, which does not require code, but
if you want to use code try something like this, going to have to experiment
to get the data you want visible:
Sub Macro1()
ActiveWindow.SplitColumn = 10
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=1
ActiveWindow.SplitRow = 16
End Sub

"Gate" wrote:

i want to be able to pop-up data that is in a different area of a worksheet
without changing my current position. I don't want to edit data that i'm
trying to see...i just want to be able to "refer" to it from time to time
without changning my position and i want to keep my curent p[osition in the
sheet to edit data in that position while refering to other data for info.
kinda like a pop-up info sheet where tha data comes from another position in
the sheet. Can this be done

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use your macrorecorder and slpit the screen where your data is located.
Sub Macro2()
Range("Z100").Select
ActiveWindow.SplitRow = 8
ActiveWindow.SplitColumn = 9