Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel in Distribution Package

Tom,

Thanks. I agree 100%. What I need is the official Microsoft document that
states this for my management. I have read the EULA and it doesn't
specifically address this topic as far as I can tell.

Thank,

Mike McMaster

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You can't distribute a copy of excel.

If they have a copy of excel, there is no need to distribute it.

the only thing that would need to be distributed is the workbook.

for clarification read your license. As I recall, you bought the right to
use the product. You didn't acutally buy the product. If using office XP
or later, then you would definitely run into registration problems.
Probably better to avoid a lengthy lawsuit with Microsoft.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/EULAFAQ.htm

Tells how you can view your EULA (end user license agreement) and some other
details.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike McMaster" wrote in message

I have a question about redistributing MS Office products in a custom
application. My company has been working with a third party developer and
that developer has packaged Excel as part of their distributable. My
thoughts are this can not be done, even if we have an MS Office license

for
each person that will get this application. Can someone please point me

document that confirms or denies this.

Thank you,

--
Mike McMaster