Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Installing add-in for all users

Is there a way for an administrator to install an add-in on a computer such
that it gets installed for all users?

I currently install my add-in with Application.AddIns.Add("filename.xla"),
but it only installs the add-in for the currently-logged user. If others
log into the computer they each need to install the add-in themselves.

Thanks!
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lee,

Is there a way for an administrator to install an add-in on a computer such
that it gets installed for all users?

Yes, use the Application.LibraryPath property. If you download e.g. Charles
Williams' and my Name Manager, you can check out the code in its setup file.

www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lee Lee is offline

Thanks Jan.

This successfully adds the file to the list of available add-ins for all
users.

Unfortunately, I wasn't complete in my question -- I also need the Installed
property to be set for all users.

Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks!
Lee

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote in message
Hi Lee,

Is there a way for an administrator to install an add-in on a computer

such
that it gets installed for all users?

Yes, use the Application.LibraryPath property. If you download e.g.

Charles
Williams' and my Name Manager, you can check out the code in its setup

file.

www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lee Lee is offline

Is there a way for an administrator to install an add-in on a computer
such that it gets installed for all users?

I should have written: installed *and loaded* for all users

For the record: I did some more digging and found my answer: The XLStart
folder.

Lee