Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data from other files & Match?

Hi to all
I am creating a Job Card file for my co., where I have 35 fields. Where as
field no. 1 & 2 are very important and other field are to fill base on that
field. This 33 fields are distributed between 4 department.
1. Marking 2.Production 3. Q.A. Dept.& 4 Store dept.

What I want is there is any way that all 4 department will entry the data
from deferent file and it store into one file in there respective field and
no one can see any dept. data. All can see only "first 2 filed" and fill
their information.(there may be more data on same job card no. and jobcardno
are uniqe)

i have filed like...

a1=JobCardNo.
b1=Party Name,

From c1 to q1 for Marking dept. fields
From r1 to ad1 for Production dept. fields
from ae1 to ag1 for q.a. dept.
and
from ai1 to aj1 for store dept.

Is there any helping? Thanks in advance.

Shah ****al
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No real reliable method for this in excel. I sounds like you want to hide
columns and only make them visible for the department associated with that
column. this could be managed by a macro, but Excel security is so weak,
that even curiosity would probably be sufficient motivation to break it.

Possibly you would want to maintain a master listing and accept input and
provide output in 4 separate workbooks.

Otherwise, this would be more an application more suited to a database
engine/interface that provides such access restrictions.

Tom Ogilvy

"****al shah" wrote in message
Hi to all
I am creating a Job Card file for my co., where I have 35 fields. Where as
field no. 1 & 2 are very important and other field are to fill base on

that
field. This 33 fields are distributed between 4 department.
1. Marking 2.Production 3. Q.A. Dept.& 4 Store dept.

What I want is there is any way that all 4 department will entry the data
from deferent file and it store into one file in there respective field

and
no one can see any dept. data. All can see only "first 2 filed" and fill
their information.(there may be more data on same job card no. and

jobcardno
are uniqe)

i have filed like...

a1=JobCardNo.
b1=Party Name,

From c1 to q1 for Marking dept. fields
From r1 to ad1 for Production dept. fields
from ae1 to ag1 for q.a. dept.
and
from ai1 to aj1 for store dept.

Is there any helping? Thanks in advance.

Shah ****al

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom Ogilvy
for rely
yes i want
want to hide columns and only make them visible for the department
associated with that column. I want to maintain a master listing and accept
input and
provide output in 4 separate workbooks.
pls help me with some macro if possilbe for you it's really help me lot.
pls help me if possilbe thanks in advance

Regards,
****al shah

"****al shah" wrote in message
Hi to all
I am creating a Job Card file for my co., where I have 35 fields. Where as
field no. 1 & 2 are very important and other field are to fill base on

that
field. This 33 fields are distributed between 4 department.
1. Marking 2.Production 3. Q.A. Dept.& 4 Store dept.

What I want is there is any way that all 4 department will entry the data
from deferent file and it store into one file in there respective field

and
no one can see any dept. data. All can see only "first 2 filed" and fill
their information.(there may be more data on same job card no. and

jobcardno
are uniqe)

i have filed like...

a1=JobCardNo.